Friday, August 8, 2014

Posessed by Stingy Jack

LET'S GO!

So, a new friend has shown me there are people in this state that like similar things. I was hopeless for so long lol.

my minication has dawned and I gotta pic up the pace on what to do with them. I should be seeing Ma tomorrow, Maybe going to turtle . At some point I have to go to guitar center. About my comp to synth connectivity issue. Hoping to make some investments socially and project wise.

16 Days of freedom and growing excitement for the next semester. I finally get to learn some good stuff . AND the pull to All Hallows nears (83 days). My year reacts with it in an interesting way. From about January to mid August Halloween is more of a secondary thought. Most think otherwise due to my mention of it at least once a month. When mid August comes I grow impulsive and compulsive simultaneously until Halloween comes. So much so that when November 1st hits... Even at midnight... I feel as though I've sobered up from a heavy drug. My craving is satiated till about mid January when it begins to respawn again.

I referenced Stingy Jack. This Myth explains Jack-O-Lantern origins in the states.Essentially the town asshole had met his end and the devil came to collect . Twice the man tricked the devil into letting him longer. 1st for a decade 2nd making the devil promise he could not reap his soul. Many years later Jack had died again. This time the devil did not appear and so Jack sought him out after of course being denied entry to heaven. He pleaded to the devil to be taken this time. The Devil indulged in the mans pain and said that he honors the deal they made. Taking slight pity on Jack, he threw a flame from hell into a turnip to light jacks way as he forever roamed our world as a phantom. Turnips were in turn the first jackolanterns in their originating country of Ireland. On Halloween when it is said that the lines between the spirit world and ours is blurred all spirits return. Among them is poor Jack a soul of mal intent. To ward off the bad spirits we carve the evil faces into the gourds and to assure complete safety you are not to blow them out, but let them burn out. A bit of magic for your day. <B

No comments:

Post a Comment